137-16 Northern Blvd.
The Old Quaker Meeting House is the oldest house of worship in New York City in continuous use. The first recorded meeting there was in 1694. It was briefly used as a prison by the British after the Battle of Long Island, and then as a hospital and a storehouse for hay until the end of the revolution. It reopened for services in 1785 and has been used for this purpose since. Through its history, activist attendees have been on the forefront of movements for peace, against slavery, and for public education for all.