Church, Barclay, West, and Murray Sts.
Trinity Church granted land here for a new institution of learning to be named King's College. In 1767, the college's medical school was the first in America to offer the M.D. degree. The college was closed from the start of the revolution until 1784, when it reopened as Columbia College. Among its early students were Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and Gouverneur Morris.